Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hundenruhe Lost an Ambassa-Dog - I Lost My Heart


Olive the Other Reindeer, the best dog I've ever met, died today in my arms on the way to the vet's office for more tests. They tried, to no avail to revive her. I will never recover from her loss. I have had other heart dogs, but none like her. Olive was my best friend, my shadow, my ambassa-dog, my business partner, my lovey-alarm, Baci's big sissy, and my heart. I am empty now. I miss every dog we share our home with...but Olive was more than family and I am devastated. No Christmas miracle this year...8 years ago, four days before Christmas I picked up Olive in Atlanta from Southern Hope Rescue. She became my Christmas miracle, both for her perfection and effect on my life, but also to help me heal from a loss that happened in my life on the very day I returned home with her. Christmas will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment